We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. Based in Hessle with hybrid working.
We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, the Mechanical Engineer will work towards executing assigned scopes of work whilst simultaneously providing discipline expertise to the projects they are working on. We have a hybrid working week, working Monday and Friday from home and Tuesday to Thursday in our office in Hessle.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Remain fully conversant with all relevant design and assessment methods.
- Prepare man-hour and cost estimates for fabrication and installation.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with change control process.
- Experienced in the supervision of disciplined designers and associated administrative functions.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Maintain good communication with the client and visit on and off-shore assets when necessary.
- Commitment to and promotion of OSL’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with relevant considerable experience.
- Previous experience of offshore oil and gas projects and other high hazard industries.
- Previous experience of working for an engineering consultancy or contractor.
- Previous experience in participation and inputting to HAZOPS /HAZIDS design reviews.
- Experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Experienced in ASME codes, API codes (for installations, tanks and rotating equipment) and European EN codes (for piping and vessels).
- Experienced in the PED AND PSSR and CE/CA UK requirements for vessels.
- Experienced in mechanical / piping fabrication, steel structures and mechanical-civil interface.
- Experienced in 3D design and modelling methods used within discipline.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Multi-discipline efficient communication and team work.
- Experienced (or good knowledge) of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs is desirable.
- Experienced In working with CAD models(ideally Autodesk Plant 3D)
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship so interested candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.