Lead Structural Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Lead Structural Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. Based in the Hessle area with hybrid working.
We are looking to recruit a Lead Structural Engineer to join our team on a Permanent basis. The Lead Structural Engineer will be a valuable member of the team delivering the Structural Engineering elements of project scope. We have a hybrid working week, working Monday and Friday from home and Tuesday to Thursday in our office in Hessle.
The Lead Structural Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Understanding client brief and derive scope of CSA works.
- Prepare CTR and estimation of engineering deliverables for agreed scope of the works.
- Complete structural analysis under variety of loading relating but not limited to, in-service, transient scenarios such as load -out, lifting, transportation etc
- Liaise with designers to prepare engineering drawings for steelwork, RC and foundations.
- Coordinate with civil designers for elements of drainage, roadworks, excavations etc.
- Review designs and tender bids submitted by third part contractors.
- Attendance to HAZOP and safety reviews to represent structural discipline as delegated by Lead CSA engineer.
- Deal with design issues related to greenfield and brownfield developments and suggest robust and practicable structural proposals.
- Prepare manual and computer aided calculations as per project demands with sufficient details.
- Carry out value engineering studies and be able to prepare and defend the proposals.
- Establish professional work relationships with clients’ engineers and direct partner companies with any technical queries and interpretation of scope, specifications, and standards.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Commitment to and promotion of OSL’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Able to give any necessary technical assistance to other members of the design team.
- Promote working relationships with new and existing clients to secure future projects.
- Assist with staff recruitment within the Structural Team, carry out appraisals, training, and development.
Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience of Structural / Civil Engineering design within High Hazard industries with an owner/manufacturer or contractor/consultancy.
- Experience of foundations designs for high hazard areas and/or industrial facilities in coordination with multi -disciplinary requirements by piping, mechanical, tech - safety etc.
- Experience of designing pipe racks, elevated access platforms, portal frames etc.
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and working in a project team.
- Experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Fully familiar with British standards like BS5950, BS8110, etc and international design standards like Eurocodes EC1, EC2, EC3, EC7 etc.
- Experienced in 3D design and modelling methods used within discipline. Fully proficient in using STAAD Pro, Tedds, Hilti Profis Anchor.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work. Multi-discipline efficient communication and teamwork.
- Experienced in delivering engineering solutions to challenging deadlines.
- Willing to travel throughout the UK.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer registered with either IStructE or ICE (desirable but not essential).
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship so interested candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.