We are looking to recruit an experienced C&I Engineer to join our team in Hessle on a permanent basis. The C&I Engineer will form part of our core C&I team. We have a hybrid working week, working Monday and Friday from home and Tuesday to Thursday in our office in Hessle.
We are looking to recruit an experienced C&I Engineer to join our team in Hessle on a permanent basis. The C&I Engineer will form part of the C&I department within a multi-disciplined engineering team and report directly to our Lead C&I Engineer.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ Oil & Gas or other high hazard industry experience in a similar role within an engineering consultancy or contracting business, preferably across all stages of a project (Concept/Feasibility, FEED and Detailed Design).
- Instrument and actuated valve technologies.
- Instrument loop design.
- Analytical instrumentation.
- Industrial automation and industrial system communications.
- Control and safety system architectures.
- Process control technique and hardware specification.
- Junction box and cable routing design experience
- Design of LV electrical circuits with compliance to BS 7671.
- Hazardous area design, implementation of protection methods IEC 60079
- Functional safety IEC 61508
- Machinery safety IEC 60204.
- Extremely self-driven individual that can work effectively with minimal supervision on their own or part of a team.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Exceptional inter-personnel skills with proven track record of working within varied teams and engineers of all abilities.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and project budgets.
- Ability to work within and support a project team.
- Ability to manage own time and project interfaces, with a strong problem-solving acumen.
- Strong communication skills with other team members.
- Focused individual able to motivate and organise themselves in relation to others to meet and improve project deadlines.
- Ability to set own goals and to contribute to business development ideas.
The C&I Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Production of the technical drawings and documents (including calculations) required for a project to a high level of accuracy with minimal supervision.
- Manage project team (as required) and provide detailed instruction of the requirements for technical documentation.
- Review documentation produced by other disciplines and provide detailed comments.
- Provide weekly project progress to the discipline Lead Engineer
- Provide accurate time estimations to complete set tasks and deliverables for sales estimation and project planning.
- Undertake site surveys on their own with or without client supervision
- Direct liaison with end clients for technical reporting on and off site.
- Provide engineering input to other disciplines and departments.
- Review and validate vendor’s documentation, drawings, datasheets, specification and calculations for correctness.
- Ensure work is executed in accordance with company and project HSEQ systems and is delivered on time and within budget.
- A willingness to look for personal, company and system improvements and present these to their discipline Lead for consideration by the company.
- Keep up to date with technical developments ,National/ International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline knowledge base.
- HNC / HND in instrumentation & control or equivalent work experience.
- Membership of a professional body. Working towards chartership or already chartered.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorship so interested candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.