Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Salary Competitive base salary and benefit package
- Deadline 25 January, 2019
The Senior Mechanical Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The management and overall responsibility for the mechanical design.
- Provide the technical team with reliable technical and engineering support.
- Develop mechanical specifications for various plant equipment including vessels, heat exchangers.
- Develop and select Pipe specifications for various applications
- Interact within a multi-disciplined design team offer technical input.
- Development of procurement specifications and liaison with equipment vendors.
- Managing and verifying subcontractor design and equipment deliverable.
- Liaising with the client to establish and clarify their requirements and ensure that these are fulfilled.
- Maintaining quality of project deliverables, while ensuring project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Adding innovative thinking at design review stages along with the production of documentation to aid design, tender and procurement of a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Site based surveys, As Built exercises and constructability reviews.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Commitment to and promotion of OSL’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- BEng/BSc. or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Mechanical Engineer or working towards a Chartered Engineer status
Skills and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineering in a relevant industry.
- Ability to drive a project to completion is essential to ensure on time, within budget project delivery to meet customer expectations.
- A good understanding of the industry standards and norms, including a working knowledge of API, ASME, ISO and EN standards.
- Experience in the specification of both static and rotating equipment including but limited to pumps, compressors, pressure vessels, and heat exchangers.
- Knowledge of other design disciplines allowing you to effectively communicate in a multi-discipline environment.
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Experienced in providing site support for fabrication or installation
The following will be advantageous:
- Knowledge of piping stress analysis and simulation
- Off shore experience and certificates (e.g. BOSIET, MIST etc)
- Experience in the fabrication and installation of mechanical equipment and / or piping
- Experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Experienced in 3D design and modelling methods used within discipline.
To apply for the postion please send your cv and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org