Business Development Manager
- Salary Competitive base salary and benefit package with an open ended commission structure
- Deadline 25 January, 2019
The Business Development Manager shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Gather competitor and market intelligence for input to the sales and marketing strategy whilst providing input to that strategy.
- Build and maintain customer relationships to better understand their business and needs so that OSL are best placed to secure future work.
- Identify prospective customers and new market opportunities and record the details on our contact relationship management system.
- Progress new sales opportunities through all stages in the sales cycle to contract signature and handover to delivery.
- Build a sustainable pipeline of new sales opportunities that will grow the customer base.
- Keep under review the sales and marketing collateral for effectiveness and focus.
- Work closely with the Directors, Project Delivery Manager, Resourcing Manager, and Chief Engineers to involve them in the sales development process.
- Provide information and present at regular internal sales and company meetings.
- Liaise with Project Delivery Manager to obtain resources to support specific sales activities and proposal creation.
- Highlight to the Project Delivery Manager and Resourcing Manager potential staff
- requirements for prospective work.
- Deliver Bid Management excellence by inputting to proposals working alongside the Proposal Coordinator to produce top quality bids which result in a high success rate.
Education and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience in order to understand engineering requirements.
- Five years of relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience of successfully selling engineering design services to the oil and gas or other related industries.
- Proven understanding of business development principles is essential as is experience of business development within an engineering design business.
- You will have a record of accomplishment in new business wins and repeat business.
- Experience in delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organisation. Effective communication skills for both written and verbal interface with clients, management, and co-workers.
- Proven ability to consistently hit and exceed sales targets.
- Ability to provide innovative sales techniques in a challenging market.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proven in managing multiple projects at a time whilst paying strict attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and effective time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective computer skills: Microsoft Office Software, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point required.
Competitive base salary and benefit package plus an open ended commission structure is available. To apply for this position please send your cv to email@example.com