- Client: Aguirre Offshore GasPort
- Project: HP Loading arm and metering system FEED
Installation of the world’s first 100 barg rated ship to shore HP gas loading arm and downstream gas metering and treatment systems which were subsequently connected to the national grid via a buried delivery pipeline.
OSL were part of an integrated design and construction team providing the overall EPC contract to the main client. OSL's scope of work included the verification of all associated process design, as well as plant layout, mechanical, piping and civil detail design works.
Process design works included preparation of all P&ID's and associated deliverables as well as carrying out the necessary safety reviews including HAZOP, SIL and Hazardous area assessment.
Mechanical and Piping design was completed in close coordination with the fabrication and construction team to provide a design that was easy and quick to fabricate. This required coordination with the main equipment and packed suppliers to ensure there design fitted the overall pipe stress requirements.
Civil design was completed in close coordination with the civil contractor who was required to preparation foundations to ahead of fixing final design details. This required an element of risk assessment against the available data and subsequent over design. The final design was verified prior to equipment installation.
KEY ASPECTS OF DELIVERY
- Rapid deployment of a close knit, multi-discipline, full-time team with relevant experience of this type of gas project
- Fast track programme philosophy adopted
- Full verification of the design prior to installation and start up
- Assistance with site engineering and commissioning support during construction.
Innovative design and project management techniques were used, particularly in the civil design as a means of coordinating the client, design team and construction team on the project priorities to resolve critical path issues quickly.
BENEFITS TO CLIENT
- Reduced delivery schedule through modularisation
- Fast track construction of civil works
- Gas delivery dates achieved to meet contractual requirements